This is a Turnkey project consisting of design, fabrication, supply, testing and commissioning of a process plant for Producing wet Ammonium Perchlorate (AP) from Sodium Perchlorate and Ammonium Chloride. Ammonium Perchlorate is used as a solid propellant for ISRO's launch vehicles.
The various processes involved are:
- Ammonium Chloride dissolution
- Double Decomposition reaction
- Recrystallization and Vacuum filtration
- Fluidised Drying
the processis controlled automatically by PLC
All equipment for the above processes was designed and manufactured in house, along with associated piping, structure etc.
- Evaporators: Titanium Gr2
- Crystallisers: SS 316L
- Structure: SS 316L
- Finite element analysis of the structure was carried out to ensure integrity under all loading conditions, including seismic loads.
- Design and routing of piping was carried out for entire plant.
- Control and instrumentation system is integrated in the process to enable remote control of process.
- Stainless teel fabrication for vessels and structures was carried out in an isolated stainless steel bay