A Metallic Canister is a pressure vessel used for storing, transporting, handling and loading of a missile. It is designed to withstand high internal pressures.
It consists of:
- Taper shell assembly
- Cylindrical shell assemblies
- Dome assembl
All of this components are bolted together to form the final canister.
Materials:The canisters were manufactured using high tensile strength materials:
- Plate: SA 517 GrF
- Forgings: SA592 GrF
- Overall height: 10 meters
- Internal Diameter 1460mm
- Shell thickness 8-10 mm
- The tolerance on internal diameter was successfully maintained within 1460mm +0.5 -0.0 mm.
- Ovality of the assembly in free condition was achieved within 2mm.
- Pressure test on the entire assembly was also carried out successfully at the required pressure.